MASSDOT DISTRICT 3 – NEW ADMINISTRATION BUILDING (WORCESTER, MA)
The site of the MassDOT District 3 New Administration Building is on Plantation Parkway near Lake Quinsigamond and Lincoln Street. The new facility will replace the existing MassDOT District 3 Office Building which is outdated and undersized and is located approximately 1-1/4 miles away from the state-of-the-art new facility. The site is part of a land swap agreement with UMASS Medical Center which desires to expand its campus and create a medical clinic for United States military veterans.
The project consists of:
- A new four-story, 78,000 square-foot Net Zero Energy Building (NZEB).
- On-site power generation for all building systems provided by photovoltaic panels mounted on the building.
- Energy-efficient systems and equipment, low water usage fixtures, and a highly insulated building envelope.
- Modern offices and training spaces for several MassDOT departments including the backup Highway Operations Center (HOC).
- Materials testing laboratory.
- Three-bay garage for vehicle maintenance.
- On-site fleet fueling station.
- Generator backup power to provide continuous operation during power outages and emergencies.
- Staff, visitor and fleet parking.
- Associated site improvements.